Top 10 Embarrassing Moments
Our new survey from Down Under reveals the Top 10 most awkward social situations. How do yours compare?
1. Wardrobe Malfunctions
- Zippers left undone.
- Tucking skirt into underwear.
2. Lost for Words
- Having no response in conversation.
- Forgetting someone’s name.
3. Mistaken Baby Bump
- Congratulating someone on a pregnancy when they’re not pregnant.
- Offering a woman a seat, assuming she is pregnant when she isn’t.
4. Romantic Mishaps
- Seeing one’s ex with a new partner.
- Saying, “I love you” for the first time and not having the sentiment returned.
5. Looking Foolish
- Making an inappropriate joke.
6. Nigel No-Friends
- Having someone turn their back on you at a party. Or, even worse, no one talking to you.
7. Embarrassment by Proxy
- Your partner acting stupidly in public; the drunken behaviour of friends.
8. Dating Disasters
- Awkward silences on a first date.
- Spilling food or drink on a partner.
9. Getting Caught
- Making an excuse for not going somewhere, then being caught in the lie.
- Being overheard by the person you’re gossiping about.
10. Clumsy Catastrophes
- Slipping, when attempting to get up after tripping.
- Dropping food on your chest while eating.
Sign up for our weekly health newsletter and have our latest articles on healthy living delivered right to your inbox.
Originally Published: January 18, 2011