New Retirement Community Wins Coveted Wellness Award
The one-of-a-kind community in Victoria, BC earned the 2021 ICAA NuStep Pinnacle Award for making wellness a way of life.
When Tapestry at Victoria Harbour opened its doors in February 2021, it had one goal: to break the mould of senior living communities and create a destination that fostered wellness in all its forms. Fast forward a year and the location has been honoured with top billing for the 2021 ICAA NuStep Pinnacle Award, which celebrates the five “Best in Wellness” senior living communities in North America where wellness permeates every aspect of the lifestyle and culture.
“For a newly-opened community, being honoured as a first-place recipient is an amazing achievement,” says Mark Andrew, Senior Vice President, Tapestry. “It reflects Tapestry’s commitment to creating an active aging environment where our residents can pursue their physical, mental and spiritual health as they embrace a new age.”
If you’re looking for an adventure and are interested in seniors living, the move to an exceptional condo or rental home in this vibrant, engaging community might be just the leap you want to take.
A lifestyle centred on wellness
Wellness is defined by seven key dimensions: emotional, physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, occupational and environmental. At Tapestry at Victoria Harbour, each aspect has been considered to build a way of life that helps its residents feel their healthiest and most vibrant. It’s not only about the events and amenities, but how it’s all woven together to touch every part of the community. You can expect…
- A green, tranquil environment with views of the city and waterfront.
- Nutritious, seasonal culinary offerings in the casual pub or elegant dining room. Each dish is made from the highest-quality local, fresh and sustainable ingredients and is even served up by the chefs themselves. (Prefer to cook in your suite? Go ahead! It’s equipped with a modern kitchen.)
- A fully-equipped gym and fitness studio with classes.
- Unique events, like an Olympics-themed week with menu items inspired by the host country, plus language classes, culture discussions and sports competitions.
- A pet-friendly community—because your furry friends are part of the family!
Community living at its best
The ongoing global pandemic has drawn our human need for connection into sharper focus. But long before, researchers started studying the link between social isolation, loneliness and a higher risk for a variety of physical and mental health conditions, from cognitive decline and depression to heart disease. At Tapestry, building relationships is a central part of the lifestyle, whether you’re interacting with the in-house chefs as they serve up their creations, taking a fitness class or playing a game with your neighbours or chatting in the rooftop lounge or pub.
A quick stroll to scenic Victoria Harbour
The community is centrally located for an ideal mix of city life and proximity to nature. It’s also just a block from one of the most beautiful harbours in the world. Since snow is rare in the coastal region, Victoria Harbour is the perfect place for a walk or bike ride at any time of year.
Unique and exceptional services and amenities
And if all those features aren’t enough, there are many other highlights:
- Modern exceptional suites with full kitchens
- A games room and theatre
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation and concierge services
- In-suite emergency response system and daily check-ins
- Move-in support
If you’re thinking that now might be the time to build a life centred around wellness and community, Tapestry at Victoria Harbour could be the destination for you. For more information, visit tapestryvictoria.com.