Shutterstock/ Ekaterina Khoroshilova Type of Meal Cakes, Desserts Ingredients 1 cup cream 35%4 tbsp icing sugar1/2 cup custard cream* store-bought2
Shutterstock/ Ekaterina Khoroshilova
- Whip cream with sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold in custard. Stir in 1 tbsp. rum to flavour and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice each cake in half to make equal layers.
- Place one layer on a large, deep platter and sprinkle with a little rum. Cover with some of the cream mixture. Sprinkle with candied peel and grated chocolate.
- Repeat with remaining layers, cream, peel and chocolate.
- Refrigerate cake at least 8 hours before serving.
- *Prepared custard cream can be found in the dairy section of the supermarket. Use remaining custard as an accompaniment for cakes, pies, ice cream or any other dessert.