Zippy Shrimp Skewers
“These flavourful skewers deliver a mouthwatering kick with minimal effort. Fix them for your next party and watch them disappear.” —Jalayne Luckett, Marion, Illinois
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 7 ingredients; add shrimp. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto 6 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, on a lightly oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes on each side.
1 skewer: 57 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fibre), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.