Wyoming Whopper Cookies
“These big country cookies are made to travel—in fact, I came up with this recipe while trying to match a commercial cookie that was good, but too crumbly to carry.” —Jamie Hirsch, Powell, Wyoming
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2/3 cup butter cubed
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, sugar, eggs and peanut butter until smooth. Add oats, baking soda, raisins and chocolate chips (dough will be sticky).
- Drop on a greased baking sheet with an ice cream scoop or large spoon. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
2 each: 768 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 8g fibre), 17g protein.