Wild Mushroom Soup
Use a mixture of fresh mushrooms, widely available at farmers’ markets and supermarkets, for making this quick, woodsy-tasting soup.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 fennel bulb chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 lb mixed fresh mushrooms cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 3-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- to taste salt
- to taaste ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and fennel and sauté 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Brush bread lightly on both sides with remaining oil and toast until golden, about 1 minute per side. Cut into cubes and place in a medium bowl. Add parsley and mint and toss.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons.