Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl with Walnut Crunch
Boost your energy, get back into shape and indulge with this wild blueberry smoothie bowl and customizable fruit toppings.
Photo: Wild Blueberry Association of North America
- Walnut Crunch
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup oat flakes
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp nut oil
- Wild Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cup wild blueberries juice strained
- 1 bunch rosemary leaves finely chopped
- 3 oranges juice and zest
- 1 lime juice
- 4 large bananas ripe
- 1 cup Van Dyk's wild blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Toast in a pan over medium heat, tossing until golden. Coarsely chop and set aside until assembly.
- Marinate half of the blueberries in a bowl with rosemary and orange peel for a minimum 10-20 minutes.
- Peel and slice one banana. Baste with lime juice to prevent browning.
- In a blender, puree remaining bananas and blueberries with blueberry juice, orange juice and nut butter until smooth.
- Divide blueberry puree evenly in bowls, garnish with sliced bananas, marinated blueberries and Walnut Crunch. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition facts per serving:
Energy: 640 kcal / 2680 kJ
Protein: 9 g
Fat: 29 g
Carbohydrates: 82 g
Sodium: 12 mg
Fiber: 14 g