Wild Blueberry Lime Basil & Mint Ice Pop
Combining wild blueberry with an array of zesty flavours, this recipe by Janet Dimond of Augie’s Ice Pops proves that homemade is always better.
Photo: Wild Blueberry Association of Canada and Robert Greatrix / Evergreen Brick Works
- Wild Blueberry Puree
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 1 cup hot water
- Simple Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mix of basil and mint finely chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 zest of lime
- To make the wild blueberry puree, add frozen blueberries and hot water to a blender. Blend on high until the berries are completely pureed. Set aside.
- Combine organic cane sugar with water and stir vigorously until dissolved to make the simple syrup. Set aside 1⁄2 cup of the organic cane sugar.
- In a large bowl or jug, add all ingredients together and mix until combined. Add more lime, sugar syrup or herbs to taste.
- Pour ice pop mix into popsicle molds. If you don’t have the special lids/stick holders, freeze the filled molds for 1.5 hours until slightly set — then add the sticks. (If the pops are too frozen after 1.5 hours, leave them out until you can add the sticks.)