Wild Blueberry Baselito
Without rum, this refreshing beverage also makes a delicious non-alcoholic drink!
Photo: Wild Blueberry Association of North America
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp sparkling water
- 1-1/2 oz wild blueberries frozen
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 oz light rum
- 1 basil stem
- 2 wild blueberries to garnish
- Combine basil leaves and cane sugar into a Caipirinha glass (short) and add sparkling water. Mix ingredients lightly with pestle.
- Add wild blueberries, crush and mix a second time.
- Fill the glass two-thirds full with crushed ice and add lime juice and rum and stir thoroughly.
- Thread wild blueberries onto a small skewer. Decorate glass with wild blueberry swizzle stick and basil leaves if desired.
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving:
Carbohydrate: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g