White Chocolate-Cranberry Biscotti
“The original version of this recipe was handed down from my great-aunt. Through the years, my mother and I have tried different flavour combinations…this is a favourite for all.” —Brenda Keith, Talent, Oregon
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2-1/2dozen||15minutes||35minutes + cooling|
|35minutes + cooling|
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and vanilla chips. Divide dough into three portions.
- On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
2 each: 281 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.