White Chicken Chili
“This White Chicken Chili is ultra thick and creamy, with shredded chicken, white beans and corn and just the right amount of spice! Make-ahead and freezer-friendly, perfect for pantry cooking.” – Ashley Fehr
Photo: Ashley Fehr, The Recipe Rebel
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 540 mL canned white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 341 mL canned corn drained
- 127 mL canned green chiles
- 1 tsp Tabasco® Green Sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Add chicken breasts and chicken broth to a 3-4 quart dutch oven or soup pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to medium low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and shred with two forks on a large cutting board. Place shredded chicken back in the pot with the chicken broth.
- Add beans, corn, green chiles, Tabasco sauce, chili powder, onion powder, salt and stir.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and stir into the pot. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir to melt the cream cheese. If desired, stir together corn starch and water and add to chili to thicken further.
- Serve with additional Tabasco sauce, chips, avocado, lime wedges, salsa, cheese, jalapenos.
You can use the leftover chili to make a Cheese Lasagna or Shepherd’s Pie.