White Bean and Shrimp Salad
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Salads | Salads Special diet : Ingredients
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
300 g (10 oz.) dried white beans
2 garlic cloves, crushed
125 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
1 sprig marjoram
Salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig rosemary
12 medium shrimp shelled and deveined
210 g (7 oz) fresh tomatoes, diced
Savory, chopped finely to taste
- Soak beans in cold water for 24 hours.
- Drain beans, transfer to a pot and cover with cold water. Add one crushed clove of garlic, one tablespoon of olive oil and the marjoram. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper at the end of the cooking time.
- In a frying pan, brown the other clove of garlic and the rosemary in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shrimp and sauté over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomato and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the beans on a serving platter and pour the tomato-shrimp sauce over them and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Garnish with finely chopped savory. Serve hot or cold.
Tip: Serve this delicious salad with slices of crusty bread that have been spread with a mixture of chopped rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper, and toasted in the oven.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2155