Warm Rocky Road Cake
“When it’s warm, this reminds me of super moist lava cake. And until I made this, I didn’t think a slow cooker cake could be so attractive. It’s a real winner.” —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, Georgia
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix (3.9 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups 2% milk divided
- 1 package cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- vanilla ice cream optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; add 1-1/4 cups milk. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk until bubbles form around sides of pan; gradually pour over contents of slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on high 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
- Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans over cake; let stand, covered, until marshmallows begin to melt, about 5 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, serve with ice cream.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
3/4 cup (calculated without ice cream): 386 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.