Not only will these tender cookie pillows, filled with delicious walnut, be your soon-to-be-favourites, but Christmas won’t be the same without them again.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|28cookies||30minutes + chilling||10minutes per batch|
|28cookies||30minutes + chilling|
|10minutes per batch|
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 3 oz cold cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- confectioner's sugar
- In a large bowl, cut butter and cream cheese into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Blend mixture together until smooth dough forms, about 3 minutes. Pat into a rectangle; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. For filling, combine the walnuts, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 17-1/2x10-in. rectangle; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Place a level teaspoonful of filling in the centre of each square. Moisten edges with water; fold in half and seal with a fork. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
1 each: 84 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.