Veggie Meatball Soup for 3
“It’s a snap to put together this hearty soup before I leave for work. I just add cooked pasta when I get home, and I have a few minutes to relax before supper is ready.” —Charla Tinney, Tyrone, Oklahoma
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables thawed
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 9 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs 1/2 oz each, thawed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Stir in pasta; cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaves.
1 cup: 250 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.