“My husband prefers these to chicken or beef fajitas and I serve them for dinner often.” —Sarah Mercer, Wichita, Kansas
Taste of Home
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas warmed, 8 inches
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute the vegetables with salt and pepper in oil until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; top with sour cream and salsa. Fold in sides.
1 fajita: 375 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 13g protein.