Vegetable Kebabs with Saffron Butter
If you’re a vegetarian, it’s easy to feel left out at a BBQ party. With this delicious vegetable kebab with saffron butter recipe, that no longer has to be the case!
- 1 green zucchini 1 cm slices
- 1 yellow zucchini 1 cm slices
- 1 red bell pepper 2.5 cm squares and blanched
- 12 small red onions peeled and blanched
- 6 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 large pinch saffron threads
- 1/3 cup cold butter 1 cm cubes
- Assemble the kebabs, alternating vegetables.
- Preheat the barbecue.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and cook on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, bring the lemon juice and saffron to a boil. Remove from heat and add the butter a little at a time, whisking constantly. If necessary, return to the heat to melt the butter, but do not stop whisking.
- Pour the sauce over the kebabs and serve.