“This caramel-chocolate dip with buttery biscuit dippers is delicious! You can use refrigerated croissants instead of biscuits for a flakier texture and caramel dip instead of sauce.” —Betsy Tankersley, Flat Rock, North Carolina
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 tbsp Melted butter divided
- 1 tube large refrigerated flaky biscuits (16.3 oz)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat bottom and sides of a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet with 1 tablespoon butter. Cut each biscuit in half; roll each piece into a ball. Place along outer edge of prepared skillet, leaving centre open. Brush biscuit balls with remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and caramel topping until blended. Pour into centre of skillet; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake until biscuits are browned and chocolate is softened, 25-30 minutes. If desired, stir cream cheese mixture until combined. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
1 serving: 416 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.