Tuna with Parsley and Pomegranate Salad
Fresh tuna steaks are pan-fried and served with a crisp salad of parsley, arugula, pear, pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts – a perfect accompaniment to the fish!
Photo: Reader's Digest Brainpower Cookbook
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks 6 oz each
- 1-1/2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 green pear thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1-3/4 oz Parmesan cheese shaved
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 juice of lemon
- to taste lemon zest
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- To make the dressing, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard and garlic in a bowl until combined.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the tuna over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side, until done to your liking.
- Put the arugula, parsley, pear, pomegranate seeds and parmesan in a bowl. Drizzle with the dressing. Gently toss to combine.
- Serve the tuna topped with the salad and dressing, and the toasted pine nuts.
It's important to dress the salad just before serving.
Each serving provides 2286 kJ, 546 kcal, 52g protein, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars), 2g fibre, and 294mg sodium.