Tuna Artichoke Melts
After sampling a similar open-faced sandwich at a restaurant, I created my own version of lemon-seasoned tuna salad with artichoke hearts. I like to serve it for lunch with a friend on the patio.
Taste of Home
- 1 can light water-packed tuna drained and flaked, 6 ounces
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped water-packed artichoke hearts rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
- 1/4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 2 English muffins split and toasted
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, artichokes, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese, lemon pepper and oregano. Spread over English muffin halves.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
2 each: 335 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fibre), 34g protein.