Triple-Chocolate Peppermint Treats
Santa is sure to stop by your house if you leave these minty chocolate cookies waiting for him. They’re quick and easy for the whole family to make together.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6-1/2dozen||40minutes||10minutes per batch|
|10minutes per batch|
- Triple-Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking ships
- White Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, melt white baking chips in a microwave; stir until smooth. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chips. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Frost cookies; sprinkle with peppermint candies.
1 cookie: 99 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.