Swirl Cinnamon Bread
“If you like cinnamon, you’ll love this quick bread! It’s crusty on top, soft and moist inside. Make extra loaves for the holidays and give them to family and friends.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12slices||25minutes||45minutes + cooling|
|45minutes + cooling|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup reduced-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Spoon a third of the batter into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
1 slice: 203 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.