Sweet Corn and Potato Gratin
“This tasty potato gratin side dish combines great garlic and onion flavour, and kids love the nice crispy topping, too!” —Jennifer Olson, Pleasanton, California
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||30minutes||45minutes + standing|
|45minutes + standing|
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 lb medium Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can cream-style corn 8-1/4 ounces
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Stir in potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until potatoes are crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cream-style corn. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake until golden brown and potatoes are tender, 45-50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
3/4 cup: 213 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fibre), 5g protein.