Sweet Chipotle Pretzels
“Pretzels are a great snack food. I love this recipe because it is sweet as well as spicy, but not too spicy. It’s a great combination for munching.” —Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 cups Miniature pretzels
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Place pretzels in a large bowl. Whisk the egg white and water until frothy; stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and chipotle pepper. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until dry. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
3/4 cup: 209 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fibre), 4g protein.