Super Chunky Cookies
“Chocolate lovers will go crazy over these cookies that feature loads of chocolate! When friends ask me to make “those cookies,” I know exactly what recipe they mean.” —Rebecca Jendry, Spring Branch, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup butter-flavoured shortening
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
1 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.