Summer Steak Kabobs
“These steak kabobs not only satisfy my love of outdoor cooking, they feature a mouthwatering marinade, too. It’s terrific with chicken and pork, but I prefer it with beef because it tenderizes remarkably well.” —Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash cut into 1/2-inch slices
- hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables; discard marinade. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with rice.
2 kabobs: 257 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fibre), 27g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.