“Visit the olive bar in your supermarket to put a new twist on cod in this simple high-protein, low-fat entree that’s a weeknight lifesaver.” — Tria Olsen, Queen Creek, Arizona
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 cod fillets 6 ounces each
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium lemon thinly sliced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic-stuffed olives halved
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive juice
- Place fillets in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with oregano and salt; top with lemon and shallot.
- Scatter olives around fish; add water and olive juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
1 fillet: 163 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fibre), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.