Stuffed Chicken with Marinated Tomatoes
“I invented this roast chicken to prove goat cheese really is delish. I served it to my skeptical family without telling them, and they gobbled it up. But any soft cheese will do.” —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing divided
- 1 log fresh goat cheese 4 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast; place in a bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup dressing; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Crumble goat cheese; reserve 1/2 cup cheese for serving. Divide remaining cheese among chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Toss tomatoes with remaining dressing; let stand while chicken is cooking.
- Add basil to tomato mixture; serve over chicken. Top with remaining cheese.
1 serving: 334 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fibre), 38g protein.