Stuffed Chicken Rolls
“Just thinking about this dish sparks my appetite. The ham and cheese rolled inside are a tasty surprise. Leftovers reheat well and make a perfect lunch with a green salad.” —Jean Sherwood, Kenneth City, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6servings||25minutes + chilling||4hours|
|6servings||25minutes + chilling|
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 8 ounces each
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
1 stuffed chicken breast half: 525 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 60g protein.