Strawberry Ice Cream
After trying this strawberry ice cream recipe, you can make any flavour you want.
- 3 cups strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- In medium bowl, toss strawberries with sugar and lemon juice; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mash strawberries; set aside 1 cup (250 mL). Scrape remaining strawberry mixture into blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Strain through fine-mesh strainer.
- Spoon ice cream into large bowl; fold in purée. Spoon half into airtight container; add half of the mashed berry mixture, swirling slightly with spoon. Repeat with remaining ice cream and berries. Refreeze until firm, at least 2 hours.