Strawberries with Zabaglione
Zabaglione is traditionally served over fresh figs. For a decidedly Canadian twist, this recipes uses fresh strawberries. A spalsh of anise flavour from the Sambuca around another layer of flavour.
Number of servings : 4
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
30 ml (2 tbsp) Sambuca
Sugar, to taste
3 egg yolks
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
45 ml (3 tbsp) Marsala
125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
4 edible flowers
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries and Sambuca. Add sugar to taste. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature, then spoon the mixture with the liquid into four dessert glasses.
- In a heat-resistant bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar and Marsala for two minutes.
- Place the bowl over (not in) a pot of briskly boiling water and whip vigorously for six minutes or until thick and fluffy.
- Cool the mixture by placing the bowl in a large container of ice water.
- In another bowl, whip the cream. Fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture.
- Pour immediately over the strawberries and garnish with flowers.
- Serve immediately.