Spinach-Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
“My husband and I had breakfast at a hotel and enjoyed an amazing mushroom and egg dish. As soon as I got home, I made my own rendition.” —Rachelle McCalla, Batesville, Arkansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese.
1 serving: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat.