Spinach Chicken Frittata
“When we were growing up, spinach was one of the few vegetables my brothers and I enjoyed. So our mom found all kinds of ways to include it in meals. This dish is one of my favorites. Be creative; feel free to vary the vegetables, cheeses and meat to suit your tastes and budget.” —Paula Tuduri, Bozeman, Montana
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken optional
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry, 10 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the red pepper and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the chicken if desired, 1/2 cup spinach, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper (save remaining spinach for another use). Add to the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 7-10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
1 piece: 208 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 12g protein.