Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
“Chicken breasts stay nice and moist tucked under a blanket of melted cheese. It’s extra special to serve but is not tricky to make.” —Katrina Wagner, Grain Valley, Missouri
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1-1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 sliced reduced-fat provolone cheese halved
- Preheat grill or broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green onions until tender. Stir in spinach and pecans until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Grill, covered, on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on a greased broiler pan until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Top with cheese; grill or broil until cheese is melted. To serve, top with mushroom mixture.
Health Tip: This low-carb main dish is also gluten-free.
1 serving: 203 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fibre), 27g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.