Wrap these chocolate-topped snowmen in coloured tissue and place them inside holiday containers. Like real snowmen, they disappear fast!
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4dozen||20minutes + chilling||20minutes per batch|
|4dozen||20minutes + chilling|
|20minutes per batch|
- Snowman Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- green and red M&M's
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract
- 4 tsp 2% milk
- red or green food colouring
- milk chocolate kisses unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls, forty-eight 3/4-in. balls and forty-eight 1/2-in. balls. On ungreased baking sheets, place one ball of each size, side by side, for each snowman.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes. Press on chocolate chips for eyes and M&M's for buttons. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to reach a piping consistency. If two colours of frosting are desired, transfer half of the frosting to another bowl and tint each with a different food colouring.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with frosting. Pipe scarves on snowmen. Use frosting to attach chocolate kisses for hats.
1 cookie: 139 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fibre), 2g protein.
Originally published on Taste of Home.