Slow-Cooker Spumoni Cake
“I created this spumoni cake for a holiday potluck one year. It has become my most requested dessert. If you prefer, substitute semisweet chocolate chips for the white chocolate.” —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|10servings||10minutes||4hours + standing|
|4hours + standing|
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 package white cake mix
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pistachios chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, folding cherries into batter. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low about 4 hours, until edges of cake are golden brown.
- Remove slow-cooker insert; sprinkle cake with baking chips and chocolate chips. Let cake stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with pistachios before serving.
1 serving: 588 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fibre), 10g protein.