Slow Cooker Pumpkin Yeast Bread
“Savour the rich flavors of fall with this homey loaf you can bake up in the slow cooker. Butterscotch adds a sweet surprise.” —Erica Polly, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|1loaf||20minutes||2-1/2hours + cooling|
|2-1/2hours + cooling|
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package quick-rise 1/4 ounces
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecan toasted
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips optional
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, yeast, pie spice, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°; stir into dry ingredients. Stir in pumpkin, egg and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. During the last few minutes of kneading add raisins, pecans and, if desired, chips. Shape into a 6-in. round loaf; transfer to a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Lifting with foil, place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Press foil against bottom and sides of slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on high 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 190°-200°. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
1 slice (calculated without chips): 228 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.