Slow-Cooker Pasta e Fagioli
“This chunky soup is good to the last spoonful. It’s my go-to recipe because it’s so hearty and we all always want more.” —Penny Novy, Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 carton chicken broth (32 oz.)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14-1/2 oz. each), undrained
- 1 can canneloni beans (15 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cabbage finely chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup ditalini (or other small pasta)
- grated Parmesan cheese optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage, celery, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, 7-8 hours.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without cheese): 258 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fibre), 17g protein.