Slow-Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
“Some amazingly fresh mushrooms I found at our local farmers market inspired this recipe. When you start with the best ingredients, you can’t go wrong.” —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4servings||10minutes||3hours and 10 minutes|
|3hours and 10 minutes|
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture: 292 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fibre), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.