Slow-Cooker Lava Cake
“I love chocolate. Perhaps that’s why this decadent slow-cooker cake has long been a family favourite. Sometimes I serve it warm, with vanilla ice cream; the cake can also be served cold.” —Elizabeth Farrell, Hamilton, Montana
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||15minutes||2hours + standing|
|2hours + standing|
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar divided
- 5 tbsp baking cocoa divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spread into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in hot water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cook, covered, on high 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
1 serving: 207 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.