Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
“No more standing and stirring at the stove. This creamy Stroganoff preps in a skillet, then cooks all day while you’re away.” —Sarah C. Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 lbs beef top sirloin steak cut into thin strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 oz beef Stroganoff seasoning for the slow cooker
- 1 lb baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- minced fresh parsley optional
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil. Add water and seasoning mix, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer meat and drippings to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Combine the wine, mustard and sugar; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add to slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
1 cup: 418 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 812mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fibre), 32g protein.