Slow-Cooked Pumpkin Apple Cobbler
“This spiced pumpkin apple cobbler recipe is sure to please all of your holiday guests. It’s perfect for fall, but can be made year-round since it uses fresh or frozen cranberries.” —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 5 cups sliced peeled tart apples about 4 medium
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 can pumpkin 15 ounces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- chopped pecans optional
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a 4- or 5-qt. greased slow cooker, combine apples, cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon; beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Spread over apple mixture. If desired, sprinkle with pecans. Cook, covered, on high until apple mixture is bubbling around edges and cake is set, about 4 hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
1 serving: 407 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fibre), 7g protein.