Skillet Stout Brownies
“These stout brownies are so rich and fudgy. I also love that it comes together quickly, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.” —Mandy Naglich, New York, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||30minutes||25minutes + cooling|
|25minutes + cooling|
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup butter cubed
- 1 cup milk stout beer
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chocolate in a large bowl. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, combine butter and stout. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool slightly. In another large bowl, beat egg, egg yolks and sugars until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour, baking cocoa and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into skillet. Bake until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in skillet on a wire rack. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.
1 piece: 363 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.