Sheet-Pan Chicken Parmesan
“Saucy chicken, melty mozzarella and crisp-tender broccoli—all in one pan. What could be better?” —Becky Hardin, St. Peters, Missouri
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6 ounces each
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets about 10 ounces
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg. In a separate shallow bowl, stir together the next 5 ingredients. Dip chicken breast in egg; allow excess to drip off. Then dip in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Repeat with remaining chicken. Place chicken breasts in center third of baking pan. Spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread broccoli in a single layer along both sides of sheet pan (if broccoli is frozen, break pieces apart). Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler. Spread marinara sauce over chicken; top with shredded cheese. Broil chicken and broccoli 3-4 in. from heat until cheese is golden brown and vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Test Kitchen tips
- Try serving this on a bed of riced cauliflower. A number of brands are available in the vegetable section of the freezer case.
- Like most Italian-inspired dishes, this would pair wonderfully with a thick slice of garlic bread.
1 serving: 504 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1151mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fibre), 52g protein.