Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels
“I love, love, love to make appetizers and I especially like this recipe because I can make the rolls ahead, freeze them, and then slice and bake when needed.” —Kate Dampier, Quail Valley, California
Taste of Home
- 1 package frozen puff pastry thawed, 17.3 ounces
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 slices thinprosciutto or deli ham chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with half each of the chopped prosciutto and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into 18 slices.
- Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked rolls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, let rolls stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut and bake pinwheels as directed, increasing time as necessary.
1 appetizer: 90 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.