Rotini with Ham and Peas
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
3 medium onions, sliced thinly
45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
2 cans (284 ml / 10 oz) chicken broth
250 ml (1 cup) water
450 g (1 lb) medium rotini, cooked al dente, drained, rinsed, cooled
500 ml (2 cups) small frozen peas
225 g (½ lb) cooked ham, cut in thin strips
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
375 ml (1½ cup / 170 g) pastorella cheese, grated
- In a stock pot, soften the onion in the butter until it is transparent but not browned.
- Add the chicken broth and water and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, peas, ham, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Serve with cooking broth in heated pasta bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2378