Roasted Tomato, Arugula and Prosciutto Piadina Sandwich
The sky’s the limit for fillings, but this prosciutto, arugula and tomato recipe stays close to the piadina’s roots.
Photo: President's Choice®
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 170 g tomatoes halved
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano finely grated
- 3/4 cup PC® Ricotta Whey Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pkg PC® Italian-Style Flatbreads
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Arrange tomatoes cut side up in 8 inch (2 L) square glass baking dish. Scatter garlic throughout. Drizzle oil over top. Sprinkle with pinch each salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft but not falling apart. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together ricotta, Parmigiano, and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat. One at a time, cook flatbreads 2 to 3 minutes without turning or until browned underneath. Transfer to cutting board.
- Spread scant 1/4 cup (50 mL) ricotta mixture over half of non-browned side of one flatbread. Top with one-fifth of the tomatoes, basil, prosciutto and arugula. Fold over and cut in half. Repeat with remaining flatbreads and fillings.