Roast Chicken with Fennel Stuffing
Looking to have a hearty and rustic meal at home? This roast chicken with fennel recipe has got you covered.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 8people|| 20minutes|| 3hours|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 8people|| 20minutes|
- In large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium heat.
- Fry fennel and onion, stirring often, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add bread, broth, thyme, sage, 3/4 tsp of the salt and 1/2 tsp of the pepper. Toss to combine.
- Just before baking, loosely stuff chicken with 3 cups (750 mL) of the cooled stuffing. Place remaining stuffing in greased 4-cup (1-L) baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Place chicken breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Melt remaining butter and brush over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Roast in 350°F (180°C) oven, uncovered, for around 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours, until thermometer registers 185°F (85°C) inserted into thickest part of chicken thigh, and 165°F (74°C) inserted into stuffing.
- Meanwhile, 40 minutes before the end of the cook time, cover and bake additional stuffing for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
- Let chicken stand, loosely covered with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes before removing stuffing from cavity and carving.