Rice with Shrimp and Dill Dressing
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 10 mins + cooling Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 10 mins + cooling
Type of meal : | Salads | Salads
Special diet :
250 g mixed basmati and wild rice, well rinsed–you can also use brown rice
thinly pared rind and juice of 1 lime
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
pepper to taste
120 g broccoli, broken into small florets
120 g snow peas, halved lengthwise
400 g raw tiger shrimp, peeled but tails left on
1 small yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
70 g green onions, sliced
5 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- Cook the rice with the lime rind in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes, or according to the package instructions, until tender. Drain the rice and put it into a wide salad bowl. Discard the lime rind.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, 21⁄2 tablespoons of the sunflower oil, the sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle this dressing over the rice and stir to mix. Spread out the rice in the bowl and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a steamer basket set over a pan of boiling water and steam for 4 minutes. Add the snow peas and steam for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still crisp. Place the vegetables into a colander and refresh under cold running water.
- Heat the remaining sunflower oil in a large frying pan. Add the shrimp and cook over high heat for 1–2 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the remaining lime juice.
- Add the broccoli, snow peas, yellow pepper, onions and 4 tablespoons of the dill to the rice and stir gently to mix. Pile the shrimp on top, scatter over the rest of the dill and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:529