Tandoori Fish With Mint Relish
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
- 4 white fish fillets (125 g each), such as red snapper, bream or barramundi
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch garam masala
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 3 tsp paprika
- Mint relish
- 20 g fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chilli seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- To make the marinade, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garam masala, garlic, ginger and paprika, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the fish in a shallow non-metallic dish, rub in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 1½ hours.
- To make the mint relish, mix the mint, chilli, garam masala, lemon juice and sugar together and add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Lightly oil a barbecue hotplate or grill rack then preheat to medium–high heat. Remove the fish from the marinade and, using your fingers, gently wipe off any excess marinade.
- Cook the fish on the hotplate or grill rack over direct heat for about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Serve hot with the mint relish to one side. Steamed rice or wild rice is a good accompaniment.
Each serving provides 729 kJ, 174 kcal, 26 g protein, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 g carbohydrate (2 g sugars), 1 g fibre